BBC Ten Pieces ‘Trailblazers’
As champions for the BBC, Kidenza would like to invite you and your pupils to join us on our 2020 tour of the BBC Ten Pieces Trailblazers!
Bring your pupils to one of our tour dates (dates added to our events calendar as they are confirmed) or become a host and join together with local schools to put on your own performance!
Ten Pieces Trailblazers focuses on composers and works that have changed the way we think of classical and orchestral music – how it can be made, what it can sound like and who can create it. Our Trailblazer concerts have been created as a fun and interactive experience, targeted at the relevant age groups in the audience.
Join us on an exploration of some music made for Film and Television and look closer into musical influences from across the globe. Amongst our ten pieces, you might like to teach your class about Delia Derbyshire, the pioneer behind the Doctor Who theme tune, or perform a brand-new piece of music written for Ten Pieces (and you!)
- Workshops available
- We will cover EVERY element of the national curriculum for music and MANY elements of the national curriculum for speaking & listening. Schools attending our concerts will be in alignment with the new Ofsted framework, focusing on a broad, rich curriculum and real learning.
- No specialist knowledge or resources required
- No extra planning required
- Our concerts and workshops are for ALL schools, for children of ALL abilities.
- FREE teaching resources are available to download from the BBC. Complement our Trailblazer concerts and workshops with six weeks of customisable learning and activities, as well as simplified compositions that can be played by classes/ensembles with mixed abilities.
TOUR DATES & BOOKING